MATECO Drilling Company is a specialty contractor providing geotechnical and environmental drilling services since 1974. Our team of qualified and trained staff members are located at our operations office in Rockford, Michigan, and supported by the corporate office located in Grand Rapids, Michigan. MATECO’s abilities allow us to uniquely and productively manage projects with our in-house staff by working with our clients on approach, cost, safety and technical aspects of their projects.
We are affiliated with Materials Testing Consultants, Inc. (MTC) — a Michigan Corporation providing engineering, consulting and independent testing services. Founded by Raymond P. Elliott, P.E., in 1968, MTC specializes in construction materials testing, soil mechanics, and environmental matters. Our range of services cover the state of Michigan with our corporate office in West Michigan, a branch in Southeast and Mid Michigan, and portable labs for remote locations.
Our History, Our Culture, Our Team
- With our numerous engineers, geologists, environmental specialists, technicians, and support personnel, we have the technical know-how, manpower, and history of proven results. We can take a project from the beginning to end with our broad base of professional services.
- Additionally, MATECO Drilling Company, a subsidiary of MTC, provides specialty geotechnical and environmental test drilling, including hollow stem auger, direct push, and rotary sonic drilling services.
- MATECO employs highly trained and experienced crew chiefs, drilling assistants, mechanics and support personnel through the operations office in Rockford, Michigan.
Our Core Values
- Trust. Having high confidence in our solutions and results.
- Ethics. Uncompromising in truthfulness, honesty and integrity.
- Service. Being professional, prompt and courteous.
- Technical Leadership. Providing exceptional value with technical expertise.
To always exceed our client’s expectations by providing safe, creative, value added drilling solutions through cutting edge technology, exceptional service, based on integrity.
Our TECHNICAL EXPERTISE
Our diverse selection of equipment allows our clients to investigate in remote areas and difficult soil conditions in all specialized areas. Our areas of expertise include:
- Rotary Sonic Drilling
- Direct Push Drilling
Amphibious Soil Sampling
Direct Image Testing
Utility Location and Safe Exposure